SEIS Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
What is SEIS?
The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) is designed to help small early-stage companies raise funds by offering tax relief to investors buying ordinary shares of that company.
How much funding can I gain as a start-up?
In total you could receive up to £150,000 from multiple investors, and up to £100,000 maximum from one individual investor.
What are the benefits to investors?
SEIS is an attractive tax relief option for investors as they can receive 50% off their income tax on investments of up to £100,000 per tax year. In addition, any profits made from their investment are exempt from capital gains tax when held for more than 3 years.
How do I set up SEIS?
As of 2018, the government are now getting stricter with SEIS applications. Find out about the changes and how you should prepare you claim in our article 2018 changes to EIS and SEIS.
To discuss using SEIS for your business or any help with the process of claiming get in touch with us today. Or are you an established start-up? Consider using EIS.
For more information on SEIS, download our free comprehensive guide below.
Download our easy-to-understand guide
All you need to know about SEIS including:
- What makes a start-up company eligible for SEIS
- Examples of how SEIS works
- The conditions that need to be met as an investor
- The process of claiming SEIS tax relief
Why Switch to Ridgefield Consulting
- Get support from your own dedicated accountant who is here to assist you from start to end, so that you have the same friendly contact that understands your whole financial situation every time.
- Receive exceptionally high service levels at all times. We acknowledge all communications within one working day so be assured that answering your queries is always a matter of priority for us.
- Free practical advice, guides and insight into managing your money or growing your business through our monthly newsletter, as well as invites to events and regular rewards.